Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Seems to be an Electrical Problem all over the inside.

Search this Thread

Old October 19th, 2011, 9:13 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seems to be an Electrical Problem all over the inside.

Hello all:

While I am a first time poster, you have helped before. I have been using search functions as well for my current problem, but as you will hopefuly see here in a bit, what I am going to try to ask seems to be a bit more involved then a search can handle.

I have a 2007 silverodo v8 extended cab.
130K miles

I have had the truck since 2009, and have not had much problems with it, but in the past few weeks I have started to notice that it is not behaving well.

I will list the things that I have noticed that I cannot troubleshoot.

1. Front speakers are quiet, you adjust the balance and fade they remain quiet, nearly to the point that you cannot hear them. This also true for the chimes for the seatbelt and door open chimes. At other times they come back to normal volumes, and no distorstion like it was bad speaker cones.

2. The dome light.... I just noticed today that when you open and close the door, the light does not come on. I do not believe it is the dome overide switch. When I leave the switch in the out postion they come on and stay, and you push it in they go out. It just acts like a standard light switch; however, when you unlock the truck with the key popper, the dome lights work like a charm no matter position the dome light overide switch is in.

3. Noticed this tonight as well, the radio.... when you turn the key off, the radio would stay on for a few minutes as long as you did not take the key out, but tonight I noticed as soon as you turn the key off, the radio goes off.

I know this may seem like a lot of writing, but I would be greatful if someone can help me connect the dots. My thoughts there is is something common to all of this.

Thanks a great deal to anyone that can provide any ideas or insight.

Reeves
Old October 19th, 2011, 11:24 PM
CF Junior Member

Hello reevesrd,

This may help some on figuring out some of the problem. I had a 2001 GMC and now have a 2011 Silveraro. On both of these I could take the key out and the radio would stay on, the windows would operate, etc. This all stayed working until I opened the door. Then all went dead. I hope this may be of some value.

Good luck,

Old October 20th, 2011, 8:30 AM
CF Beginner

Thanks,
I did figure one thing out this morning. Yesterday my data center was not telling me that the passenger door was ajar, but this morning it did, and now the radio and dome lights behave as they should when shut the door again. Plus it was nasty windy here right now and yesterday, and my wife had been getting in and out of that door, now I am not saying she is weak, but makes me wonder if she was not getting it closed all the way. Which seems to be the case.

But that has done nothing over my quiet front speakers that at random times work as they should. Has anyone had this problem before

Reeves