Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Service 4 wheel steer

Search this Thread

Old November 2nd, 2012, 11:05 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Service 4 wheel steer

First of all I have a 2005 GMC Sierra 1500 not a Chevy but I thought I would pick the brains of all you smarties on the Chevy forum. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
<o></o>
I keep getting the message "Service 4 wheel steer" on my cluster. I tried reading the OBDII with a generic code reader and there were no codes. I have done quite a bit of reading on the quadrasteer systems but still can't get my head wrapped around what the problem is. If I push the quadrasteer button it will go into quadrasteer mode but as soon as I turn the steering wheel I immediately get the service message. What confuses me, though, is that sometimes I don't even have to try to put the truck into quadrasteer mode and the message will display. So what sort of messages is the quadrasteer system looking for that would cause it send out a service message when quadrasteer isn't even being engaged? <o></o>
<o></o>
Anyone have any thoughts on how I can diagnose this problem?<o></o>
<o></o>
Thanks in advance!<o></o>