Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Old August 10th, 2015, 2:29 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Off-Roading Guides
Print Wikipost

Service Stabilitrak 2007 Silverado Z71 Crew Cab

Search this Thread

Old March 19th, 2012, 12:20 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK. finally got my truck back after 3 trips to the dealer, so lets hope its done.
The 2nd time i took it after cleaning the filter and the codes coming back the dealer actually replaced the throttle body and they said everything was good to go, 2 days later and on my way to work i heard the same knocking i heard the first time and the oil pressure gauge was not going up, did this about 2 more times and i called the dealer and just took it back, they said it was an air bubble somewhere in between the heads and the bottom end and they replaced the oil, checked all the codes and it was good to go..
I would like to say that the dealership (reliable chevrolet in richardson tx) and the service advisor (specially him) have been extremely nice and helpful regarding all the issues and have taken care of my every single time i have been in there.
Hopefully i am done with this and any other issues.
Old March 21st, 2012, 2:04 PM
CF Beginner

I have a 2012 1500 with 400 miles and the stabilitrack light and traction control and ABS lights has come on three time in 4 days seems to be when I was sitting in drive waiting for a long time for traffic I shut the truck off for about 5 minutes restarted lights off
it's going back to the dealer tomorrow
Old March 21st, 2012, 5:18 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> muddog,

Possibly a sensor? Please keep us posted of the outcome of your dealer visit.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old March 22nd, 2012, 5:37 AM
CF Beginner

My part is in so I will be going to the dealer today or tomorrow and will update after I get my truck back.
Hopefully this solves my issue.
Old March 23rd, 2012, 4:04 PM
CF Beginner

Ok just back from the dealer, the wiring harness they ordered me didn't solve my problem. They then found a steering sensor to be faulty. They ordered and installed it and every thing seems to be fine now.

Not sure if this helps anyone but might give you a place to start looking if you are having stbilitrack issues.
Old March 24th, 2012, 9:32 AM
CF Beginner

I got the truck back when they set up the remote start they skipped apart of the programing for the brake switch reprogrammed all is good
Old March 25th, 2012, 9:18 AM
CF Beginner

Solutions differ from broken intake clogging throtle body, fuses, pcm etc.. Seems like concern is one that's not a do it your self job anyway. Simply looking for out costs to fix. Something will need to have happened after the pistons had been replaced (lined underneath guarantee) for oil consumption problems, so they did not charge me for this either.
Old April 10th, 2013, 12:09 AM
CF Beginner

Well, my truck keeps knocking like the valves are loose or something, but this noise comes and goes whenever it wants to, i have taken the truck to the dealer and according to them, it does not make any noises for a week and a full tank of gas test driving it.... but the second i get in my car, the noise is there. The noise happens all the time, morning, evening, if the weather is hot, cold, etc, and like i said, the dealer says they have not been able to duplicate it, therefore they will not open the heads to check the job they have done and make sure it is ok. and to top if off, the service manager just told me there is nothing they would do , because they do not make anymore from any warranty work and to buy a new truck because mine was going to be out of warranty soon. what a great customer service, Reliable Chevrolet Richardson TX.
Old September 24th, 2020, 10:23 PM
CF Beginner

Default Stabilitrack

I have an 07 Chevy Silverado 1500 and for the first 4 years or so I had the same issue come up about every 9 months or so. Maybe a stroke of luck or my mechanic knows more than I thought, but by simply changing the spark plugs the problem would go asway immediately. That was it, nothing else touched on the truck. Now for the past 2,maybe 3 years no issue with it any more.