Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Service Stabilitrak and traction control/ engine light flashing

Search this Thread

Old October 20th, 2015, 1:39 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Service Stabilitrak and traction control/ engine light flashing

I have a 2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500. For the past month my "service stabilitrak and traction control light" has been coming on and the engine light comes on as well when this happens. I'm currently stationed at fort Bragg. I've had the truck for about 10 months and this hasn't happened until now. This usually happens when I'm on the highway. When it cuts in I can usually pull over cut my truck off for about 5 minutes and cut it back on and it'll be fine, but now it won't work. It constantly stays on. My truck has hardly any power I can get up to speed but whenever I go up any type of hill big or small I have to let off the gas or my truck will almost tac out if I continue to press the gas. When it's idling my truck shakes and I don't know if it's from the motor or what. It shifts hard from first to second when this happens, but shifts fine in all the other gears. If anyone could help with this problem or tell me what it might be. I've looked in the forums where people have encountered the same problem but I have yet to see a solution. Thank you for your time.