Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Side mirror question

Search this Thread

Old March 19th, 2007, 12:06 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Side mirror question

I plan on purchasing a new truck in the next month or 2, a Silverado, my job has finally settled a bit and I will be able to get my truck. I have a concern with all the new style (new as in the last 20 years probably) passenger side mirror in how it shows objects closer than they really are. That is an annoying feature. Up until recently I've only driven older vehicles, ~30 years old, they had regular mirror, none of these fun house mirrors these cars now have.

So onto my question... is there anyplace that sells replacement glass for the passenger side? If not, what's the difficulty level of replacing the glass? Anyone who has done this, I'd love to hear how you did it. I'm going to be getting the power adjustable mirrors with defoggers in them (DL3), I suspect on the back of the glass there is some resistance wire that can be easily replaced. Whoever decided that fun house mirror stuff was a good idea should be decapitated. All the mirrors should be the same, your mind works better when stuff is the same and your mind judges everything based on your point of view not a warped point of view. Thanks in advance.
Old March 19th, 2007, 4:53 AM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Side mirror question

The " fun house mirrors" are there to decrease your blind spot. They really are not hard to get used to.
Old March 19th, 2007, 10:21 AM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree. I dont like the mirror either.
Old March 24th, 2007, 4:26 PM
CF Junior Member

I have driven older cars for 6 years now and haven't had a problem with blind spot on my passenger side. 1 of the cars has a mirror that's of no use to me because the support between the vent window and window is in the way of the mirror. I'd rather just use a real mirror because that's rediculous.
Old March 27th, 2007, 9:04 PM
CF Junior Member

Now that I own this truck and have driven the truck, it's not as obscene as the mirror on the van we rented for work. The mirror almost looks flat, barely convex.