Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Silveardo K1500 Z71 (4x4) with MT (Ext. cab)

Search this Thread

Old February 4th, 2011, 7:07 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Silveardo K1500 Z71 (4x4) with MT (Ext. cab)

Hello Chevrolet Form users.

I've been looking at getting a Silverado for a long time, for about 4+ months now. Been scouring Craigslist and eBay at least weekly to find trucks that match what I want in a truck. I've been fine and planned on going with an automatic as 5-speeds are so hard to find, but I haven't yet given up hope. While I've only owned 3 vehicles, in the short time I've been driving, I've only driven stick and personally like it that way. I don't use a truck for towing or anything, and I really just prefer a manual transmission.

Unfortunately, I'm a bit picky. Whilst I don't care about the exterior color as much (prefer black), I do not want red or blue interior. I'd very much prefer the Z71 package, and the truck would have to be an extended cab.

This brings me to the question, how many of these trucks were made factory mated with manual trannies? I've seen a total of 5 or so through my months of searching. I've seen a fair amount of standard cabs with a 5-speed, but unfortunately I want an extended cab. I've searched and searched, particularly 1997 and 1998 models as I'd love to stick with those models, for a 5-speed. I've been able to find one 1998 with a 5-speed, Z71 package, 350 motor, everything except the third door (wanted, but would sacrifice for this). Really wish I jumped on it, drove about an hour to just drive it, and regret not buying it now. I don't think I'll be buying until mid/end March now, but I'd like to start my search for a 5-speed as early as possible.

Any input appreciated, basically if I should keep searching or just settle with an automatic depending on how many are out there and such. Thanks!