Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Silverado 2500 Safety Features

Search this Thread

Old October 1st, 2011, 6:06 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Silverado 2500 Safety Features

As my son was travelling home from work last night, he was hit from behind by a tractor trailer.

There were 4 people in the truck, my son was in the back seat. They were stopped in a construction zone behind a tractor trailer and were hit from behind by another. The rig who hit them was coming at a good rate of speed.

I don't have all the details of the accident. But what I do know is we owe my son's life to the safety of the Silverado truck he was in.

When they got hit, the impact was so hard, they actually moved the truck in front of them who was carrying a full load.

They have injuries and are ok right now. But the bottom line is they all walked out of the Silverado truck. I am completely amazed by this, as was the driver in the truck in front of them.

Thank you Chevrolet.
Old October 1st, 2011, 7:51 PM
Senior Site Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm glad to here that everyone walked away with no injuries. I'm sure Chevrolet would be happy to hear this as well, as I'm sure that if and when he is ready and able to buy another truck it will be a silverado
Old October 1st, 2011, 8:40 PM
CF Junior Member

Really glad for you. All are alright.
Old October 2nd, 2011, 11:40 AM
CF Beginner

Thank you. I haven't been able to see the photos yet. I am still in wonderment about how the cab of the Silverado remained in tact with that kind of force, and protected those 4 men inside. Wow.