Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Silverado acts like it wants to turn off?

Search this Thread

Old January 23rd, 2011, 2:25 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Silverado acts like it wants to turn off?

I have a 2008 Siverado Ext. Cab 4wheel drive, active fuel management, 5.3. Over the past 3-5 months, after ideling it sometimes acts like it wants to turn off. The gauges all fall, the lights dim, and the truck kind of skips, jumps, sputters. I can also hear the door tring to lock. The truck has never turned off. The worst time it happen, I was going back to work from lunch and it acted up 6 times in a two mile drive. That time the abs break light also came on. I have carried the truck to the local dealership twice, only for them to tell me there is no problem. It does not always happen, maybe once every week or two. Anyone got any suggestions?
Old January 23rd, 2011, 9:47 PM
CF Beginner

Just an update, after being in the shop Friday and being told everything was good, this evening the truck acted up again. This time the abs light came on as well as all the other issues. After sitting for about an hour and cranking back up the abs light went off. I guess I am going to carry it back tomorrow, just for them to tell me everything is good!
Old January 23rd, 2011, 9:48 PM
CF Junior Member

Have the alternator checked. Make sure you have good connections on the battery.
Old January 26th, 2011, 9:46 PM
CF Beginner

I have carried my truck to the local dealership everyday this week. I am leaving it with them tomorrow until the get it fixed. Yesterday the truck actually turned off on one of the mechanics, so they actually believe me now that the truck has an issue. They sent me home monday after tighting the battery terminals 1/2 a turn and they found a ground that they turned 1/4 a turn. Any ways, I think I have got them stumped.