Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Silverado leveling kit?

Search this Thread

Old April 6th, 2009, 10:42 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Silverado leveling kit?

Anyone have any experience with a front end leveling kit on a 2wd 07-09 Silverado?

I am looking at one that goes on the bottom of the shock, basically an aluminum block that is supposed to be very easy to install and get rid of the "nose down" look of the stock suspension.

Have a friend who did an F-150 with good results....
Old April 6th, 2009, 10:48 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

on gmtrucks.com look at their forums there was a bunch of guys with that year truck doing that. thats a good forum for guys w/ newer trucks. I have an old truck and they enver could awnser any questions cuz they head new trucks
Old April 7th, 2009, 7:01 AM
CF Beginner

I went with the aluminum three piece unit off of ebay. The kit has two 1/4 inch spacers and one 1/2 inch spacer for a total of 1" - with geometry of the suspension, it is supposed to lift 2 inches. I am almost happy with the results...I wish I had gone with 2 1/2 instead cause sometimes my truck looks a little lower in the front. It really makes a difference for such a small price. I got my kit for $75.00 shipped and a backyard mech friend installed for only $50. He did not completely dissasemble as the instructions said. He just loosened the strut and was able to slip the pieces under the shock mount. That 2 inches coupled with the 18 inch factory Z71 tires and my truck looks a million times better. I will try to post some pics for you. Definitely worth the money. Has not affected my ride at all.
Old April 7th, 2009, 9:45 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by MyNewCrew
I went with the aluminum three piece unit off of ebay. The kit has two 1/4 inch spacers and one 1/2 inch spacer for a total of 1" - with geometry of the suspension, it is supposed to lift 2 inches. I am almost happy with the results...I wish I had gone with 2 1/2 instead cause sometimes my truck looks a little lower in the front. It really makes a difference for such a small price. I got my kit for $75.00 shipped and a backyard mech friend installed for only $50. He did not completely dissasemble as the instructions said. He just loosened the strut and was able to slip the pieces under the shock mount. That 2 inches coupled with the 18 inch factory Z71 tires and my truck looks a million times better. I will try to post some pics for you. Definitely worth the money. Has not affected my ride at all.
Thanks man, would love to see some pics, especially of the actual part once it was installed, so I can see what it looks like installed.
Old April 7th, 2009, 11:13 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

im telling you man go to gm-trucks.com there is tons of pics on the fullsize forum
Old April 8th, 2009, 11:44 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by suzuki-guy
im telling you man go to gm-trucks.com there is tons of pics on the fullsize forum
Thanks for the tip... I went there already, but want to see what those on this forum have to offer to the conversation...
Old April 8th, 2009, 11:46 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by MyNewCrew
I went ahead and ordered a kit from a company in Michigan. Mounts on the bottom of the shock...supposed to add 2" of height. Similar to yours but just one piece, not the 3 piece.

I will let you know the results after I put it on this weeekend.