Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Old July 29th, 2015, 5:06 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Steering & Suspension Guides
Print Wikipost

Silverado Lift Help

Search this Thread

Old December 17th, 2010, 10:49 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SilveradoShane, My V6 brotha, I would highly reccomend getting the full exhaust done, alot like the one in the picture above ^^ or you wont be fully happy with how it will be and you'll end up doing it again. With the way the stock pipes are bent on the V6 it's meant to create a soft tone instead of an aggressive tone that most people with flowmasters want. Those pipes in the picture arent exactly bent how they should be either though. And I wished I knew about junkyards when I did my exhaust because I would have went and cut out a 40 instead of buying a brand new one, there so expensive. And btw I would highly reccomend getting a 40 series instead of a super 40. Super 40's are more for mustangs and chargers and all that good stuff, 40's and 50's (which im not a fan on) are more for trucks. Which are superior in everything.But thats a really good deal you got 6LChevy

And what I decided to do is to keep my truck the way it is for now until i have saved up a good $2000 and then i'm gonna buy a 6" suspension lift and a 2" body lift and install it my self and have a whole day of fun. Then i'll take my 3" spindles and blocks and sell them on craigslist and install them on whoevers truck buys them and hopefully make my $400 back. So many people always put wanted things on craigslist looking for someone to install a lift for them cuz they dont know what their doing.
Old December 18th, 2010, 8:19 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the help! See Im planning on selling mine in another year so im not sure if its worth getting the whole exhaust on!

Seems like a good plan you got though. My buddy has a 6" lift and 2" body lift with 35's and its TALL!
Old September 15th, 2011, 8:15 PM
CF Beginner

i have a 2000 silverado 2wd, got a levelin kit on and a 1.5" body lift. i want to raise the front maybe an 1" higher in the front. would offroad coil springs help lift it?
Old February 16th, 2012, 4:59 PM
CF Beginner

Well Like he said do not stack blocks or spindles. That makes it alot more unsafe the best thing you could do is continue saving. I wanted mine to be big and I started trying to do it the cheapest way possible and it just makes things worse. haha Check out chucks trucks they have alot of used lifts and stuff for cheap that where I got my first "big" lift. I found a 17 inch Ifs lift for $600! I have a 99 silverado and once you start it neer stops lol You always want bigger and bigger.. I've spent tons of money thinking I would be satisfied. Now I have it straight axled with a 30 inch lift. But if I would've just saved from the beginning and been patient .I t wouldn't have costed me much to do it this way.

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-...13131433_n.jpg