Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Silverado radio/console is/went dark

Search this Thread

Old May 8th, 2014, 2:16 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Silverado radio/console is/went dark

Bought my truck in February 2014. 2014 Silverado WT-2

Started it one day and had no radio/console (radio, a/c & settings screen, etc was dark). Nothing. Turned truck off, turned back on and all was fine.

March 24-25, 2014: Started it that day and had no radio/console (radio, a/c & settings screen, etc was dark). Nothing. Turned truck off, turned back on - still nothing. Took it in to Chevy - they kept it a day or two and said it "lost its connection" but all looks OK.

April 27, 2014: Started it that day and had no radio/console (radio, a/c & settings screen, etc was dark). Nothing. Turned truck off, turned back on and all was fine.

May 8, 2014: Was driving it to work and heard a "pop" and the radio/console area (radio, a/c & settings screen, etc) went dark. Pressed the radio power button and it came back on. Needless to say - it's back at the dealership now.

Anyone have similar problems?

My truck is:
Chevrolet 2014 Silverado WT2, 2WD, 4.3 L, 2 door regular cab
Old May 8th, 2014, 5:50 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by ATX Ed
Bought my truck in February 2014. 2014 Silverado WT-2

Started it one day and had no radio/console (radio, a/c & settings screen, etc was dark). Nothing. Turned truck off, turned back on and all was fine.

March 24-25, 2014: Started it that day and had no radio/console (radio, a/c & settings screen, etc was dark). Nothing. Turned truck off, turned back on - still nothing. Took it in to Chevy - they kept it a day or two and said it "lost its connection" but all looks OK.

April 27, 2014: Started it that day and had no radio/console (radio, a/c & settings screen, etc was dark). Nothing. Turned truck off, turned back on and all was fine.

May 8, 2014: Was driving it to work and heard a "pop" and the radio/console area (radio, a/c & settings screen, etc) went dark. Pressed the radio power button and it came back on. Needless to say - it's back at the dealership now.

Anyone have similar problems?

My truck is:
Chevrolet 2014 Silverado WT2, 2WD, 4.3 L, 2 door regular cab
Hello ATX Ed,

I'm sorry to hear that you have been experiencing these issues in your vehicle. I understand that the vehicle is at the dealership, but we would be happy to hear about the outcome of the repair, and if you would like any further assistance from us. Send a PM our way with your VIN, current mileage, contact info and a preferred dealership and we can possibly look further into this.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old May 8th, 2014, 8:59 PM
CF Beginner

Will do Patsy ... thanks!
Old May 14th, 2014, 8:19 PM
CF Beginner

Default Finally ... got my truck back today ...

Last Friday (9th) the dealership called stating that they were talking to "the engineers" and determined that it was a faulty radio causing the problems.

Replacement radio to be shipped and received to be installed on Tuesday the 13th. Dealership called and said replacement radio shipped is/was faulty and that they are "once again talking with the engineers". Going to ship a replacement radio for the replacement radio and should have my truck back on Thursday the 15th.

Got a call from the dealership around 11:30am this morning stating they have talked to the engineers and are re-programing the supposedly faulty shipped radio with an older version of the software and it'll be 1.5 hours or so to re-program. If it works they say I'll get my truck back today and it'll be fixed.

So ... got my truck back and we'll just have to wait and see if that is the fix.

Now a different note to this story ... after almost a week at the dealership my truck was returned absolutely filthy. Don't know if they left the windows down in a dust storm or simply left the dash sitting out somewhere for a week but what a mess. And now my tonneau cover is missing the "undercover" button logo from the back of the cover above the tailgate. Just had a nice white sticky area where the logo used to be.

WTH! That part of the truck I'm sure had nothing to do with the radio/console/dash situation - so why the hell is it now gone?

Old May 14th, 2014, 9:27 PM
CF Active Member

that just sucks.......
Old May 14th, 2014, 9:32 PM
CF Active Member

I would want to be talking to the general manager.........
Old May 15th, 2014, 3:26 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by ATX Ed
Last Friday (9th) the dealership called stating that they were talking to "the engineers" and determined that it was a faulty radio causing the problems.

Replacement radio to be shipped and received to be installed on Tuesday the 13th. Dealership called and said replacement radio shipped is/was faulty and that they are "once again talking with the engineers". Going to ship a replacement radio for the replacement radio and should have my truck back on Thursday the 15th.

Got a call from the dealership around 11:30am this morning stating they have talked to the engineers and are re-programing the supposedly faulty shipped radio with an older version of the software and it'll be 1.5 hours or so to re-program. If it works they say I'll get my truck back today and it'll be fixed.

So ... got my truck back and we'll just have to wait and see if that is the fix.

Now a different note to this story ... after almost a week at the dealership my truck was returned absolutely filthy. Don't know if they left the windows down in a dust storm or simply left the dash sitting out somewhere for a week but what a mess. And now my tonneau cover is missing the "undercover" button logo from the back of the cover above the tailgate. Just had a nice white sticky area where the logo used to be.

WTH! That part of the truck I'm sure had nothing to do with the radio/console/dash situation - so why the hell is it now gone?

Hello ATX Ed,

I apologize for your bad experience at the dealership. Were they able to repair your radio concern? Let me know if you would like me to file a dealership complaint, or if you need any further assistance with this concern. Thanks!

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care