Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Silverado V6 Exhaust Help

Search this Thread

Old January 16th, 2009, 11:46 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Silverado V6 Exhaust Help

hey i was thinking about putting exhaust on my v6 silverado and i want it to sound decent not any of this pissed off bumble bee stuff... i have a 60 series delta flow but with stock manifold and pipes and just to the bed... i didn't know if there was anything that would sound better out there like borla or gibson or magna flow any help is grately appreciated... if getting the whole system under the truck would help it i am willing to spend the money to make it sound better then what it does.

Last edited by btrent5; January 16th, 2009 at 11:56 PM.
Old January 18th, 2009, 11:45 PM
Super Moderator

What size pipes do you have now? If they are 2" or 2.5" then by going with a bigger pipe diameter will make the tone deeper, plus less back pressure on the engine. As far as make and sound is concerned, each brand has they're advantages and disadvantages, it all depends on personal preference.
Old January 19th, 2009, 1:58 PM
CF Beginner

they are 2.5 inches but i want a sound that not so many people have i am tired of hearing the flowmaster sound everywhere i go i was wondering if there was something that would give it a deeper tone i am not neccesarly going for the loud i want deep tone and to get a deeper tone would it be better to dump it at the bed or run pipes?