Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Silverado Your Thoughts

Search this Thread

Old April 2nd, 2008, 3:23 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Silverado Your Thoughts

I have posted here before I own an 07 Silverado 1500.

I went the dealer today to price a set of running boards: $650.00 and I install them which is no problem. I went to the local truck and rv store and they quoted me $450.00 installedfor basically the same set up. These are oval tubular chrome plated RBwithtworubber pads per side.

Personally, I believe the NBS Silverado should have come from the factory with running boards, much like the Tahoe and Suburban to ease entry. I have no problems at 6'2" climbing in and out of the cab; however, my wife does, therefore I'll beadding RB to the Silver.

I'd like to hear some opinions on the subject.
Old April 3rd, 2008, 11:58 AM
CF Active Member

Default RE: Silverado Your Thoughts

Anything you buy from the dealer is ATLEAST 50% mark up, some stuff like running boards and accessories you could doby yourself, and it'd be cheaperthan another shop, usually quite easily, unless you dont know your way around a socket and wrench. If I have RB I'd be able to recommend some, I know westins are supposed to be good, I've heard nothing bad about putcos either... its all a choice.

Ona similarnote:

Does anyone know of any place that sells BLACK CHROME RB's? I can only find powdercoated... And I dont want to buy a set of painted have em sandblasted and then go to a chrome shop to get a custom chroming job and void the warranty.
Old April 3rd, 2008, 9:16 PM
CF Junior Member

I purchased the Nasta stainless steel tube steps for my crewcab. Theyare entirely stainless (except for the molded foot steps), evenincluding the mounting hardware. They were a sinch to install and considerably cheaper than what GM wanted.

I'm pretty happy with them and they look good.
Old April 4th, 2008, 9:13 AM
CF Active Member

Paid $360 for my Westin SS for extended cab. Like them.
Old April 4th, 2008, 11:26 AM
CF Beginner

I purchased the GM 6" chrome tubular assists on eBay for about $350 and installed them with my 5-year old son "helping". They're easy to put on and you'll feel proud!
Old April 4th, 2008, 10:28 PM
CF Junior Member

if you plan on keeping this truck for a while, i reccommend spending the extra $$ on a stainless set. my buddys got a 04 silverado and he got the factory RB's and there allready rustin out around the pads and at the end of the tubes. plus i think the stainless ones without the pads look better anyways.

heres a good site with about all the running boards/nerf bars you could handle

http://www.truckaddons.com/Catalog/nerf_bars.htm