Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Soft Glass?

Search this Thread

Old February 13th, 2013, 8:40 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Soft Glass?

So I have a 2012 Silverado...I have had it since August and I am noticing that the windshield is all scratched up, mostly following the wiper blade path. I have since changed my wiper blades and more scratches are appearing. I'm not one of thoes yahoos that tries to scrape the ice off the windshield by using the wipers. I also try my best to get most of the winter road grime off the window before using the wipers. But this is the truck's first winter, and the windshield is already scratched up. My last truck, the Colorado, it took 7 winters for a windshield scratch to show up. Nothing has changed in my driving habits and whatnot. I wonder if the newer model vehicles have a softer auto glass? The scratches aren't deep enough to be noticed when running your fingernail across the glass, but they are definatly scratches. Thoughts, ideas, or similar experiences?