Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Some misc. electric stuff

Search this Thread

Old May 19th, 2011, 9:53 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some misc. electric stuff

Hey guys, just got some random ?'s. 97 k1500 stock. First off, I have no dome lights when I open my door. If I use the fob and lock or unlock, they turn on like they're supposed to. Also, they go on when I use the dimmer dial. The dome override button does nothing at all. My cargo lights also don't work. All bulbs are good, same with fuses. I have noticed that my dash lights pulse slightly at idle, as well as my voltage needle wavers slightly. Alternator maybe? Even still, I don't know why my lights would be acting up. Next, my fan switch doesn't work. It used to work on 4, but only if you jimmied it around. Now it doesn't work. I'm thinking heater switch resistor? Lastly, the only buttons that light up on my oem delco radio are 1,2,4 and 5. Just an old unit/bulbs? Sorry for the huge post, I'm not an electrician and this kinda stuff bugs me. Thanks in advance!