Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Some upgrades I'm looking into. Opinions? (hi-res pics included)

Search this Thread

Old March 14th, 2008, 10:19 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some upgrades I'm looking into. Opinions? (hi-res pics included)

I have an '07 NBS Silverado Graystone Metallic, 5.3 V8 Flexfuel with AFM, and I'd like some opinions on some upgrades I'm looking into. First off, I'll let you know what I've done so far. The truck came with the 20" wheels from the factory, so the wheels are fine with me. The dealer also threw in a spray in bedliner. I added the hood bug sheild, window rain guards, side steps, tinted windows @ 20% with a strip on the windshield, K&N airfilter, weathertech floorliners <(great investment), and Garmin Nuvi 660 GPS.

I was thinking of putting some exhaust on it, but with everyone skeptical about the AFM and how it sounds, I've decided to hold off on that for a while until further research has been done on it, or if I find someone around that has a system on their truck I can listen to. The next thing I would like to do would be to install an Alpine IVA-W205 head unit and SIR-ALP1 Sirius Satellite radio tuner. I'm also interested about this PAC device to allow you to actually play a dvd while you drive. I know it is illegal to have anything besides data or GPS information displaying while you drive, but the windows are dark enough and the truck is high enough so no one would really be able to see whats on the screen. Its mainly going to be for passengers when I travel because everyone just watches movies from my 2.5” iPod screen anyway while its connected through the AUX port on the stereo. I would also probably upgrade the speakers with some Kicker door speakers, and I have a square 10” L5 Kicker sub with 600 watt amp to put in. I'm looking for the boxes that will fit under the seat though, the ones someone posted in an earlier thread I'm not sure if my square sub will fit in it correctly. I'm not going for the extremely loud rattle my truck to death sound so everyone a mile away can hear it, just something to improve sound quality.
Other miscellaneous things I'd like to put would be the locking tailgate handle, upgraded Driver Information Center, painted mirror caps, and I'm interested in putting fog lights also. I've looked through the GM accessories websites and don't see anything on the foglights, is this something I would have to go to the dealer to order?, because I know I'm going to have to replace the whole corner piece if I want to get the fog lights. I'm also looking into the prospect of factory remote start, I just have to find out if my truck has the prep-package for it to be installed. I don't plan on doing this all at once, because I know it will cost a pretty penny after its all said and done. So any thoughts or recommendations? They would be appreciated, thanks guys.