Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Someone broke in my Silverado!!

Search this Thread

Old July 23rd, 2006, 8:13 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Someone broke in my Silverado!!

Friday night someone broke in my 01 silverado. They punched my key hole on the drivers door and seems like they tried sticking a screwdriver in the ignition to start it but were unsucessfull...But they did get my avic-n1 Gps unit, which really sux. Does anyone know more or less how much those parts will cost from the dealer, so I can get my insurance to pay....any other ideas on security for these trucks, I was thinking about shaving the door handles(maybe), and installing a Viper 791XV alarm. Now I hope the insurance pays for the headunit, it cost me $1000. Some idiot is probably selling it for $50 for a quick fix....any help would be appreciated...
Old July 24th, 2006, 1:42 AM
CF Senior Member

Default RE: Someone broke in my Silverado!!

I think you will have to ask the dealer on this one.
Old August 2nd, 2006, 12:42 AM
CF Beginner

Default RE: Someone broke in my Silverado!!

The same thing happen to me but 4 years ago in my 2000 Silverado. If they had the bottom cover off and the swtich was exposed its very easy to start without the key. Your lucky to still have the truck. Have the dealer price it and the insurance company write you a check!! If you know anyone at the dealer you can get wholesale prices on the parts after the "full price" quote for the insurance. This will cover the head unit. If not then you will be looking at your auto deductable to fix the truck and your home owners to replace the head unit.....

good luck!