Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Spray in bed liner

Search this Thread

Old February 28th, 2008, 1:27 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spray in bed liner

Hi guys, i have an 01 Silverado 1500 with 6.5' bed. I am looking to get a spray in liner. What brand does everyone suggest. I see so many out there these days, and after making calls they are about the same price. Thanks for the advice.
Old February 28th, 2008, 1:50 PM
CF Junior Member

Default RE: Spray in bed liner

I went with the Line-x liner in my 07 just 2 weeksago, after physically seeing both products, the line-x surpasses the rhino liner by almost every aspect, and i did A LOT of research before i decided. one thing to think about, rhino comes out of the gun while they are spraying almost a paint likesubstance, very thin, runs a lot, and does not dry right away. Line-x comes out and is dry on the bed in 6 seconds and isnt a paint like substance, it is actually a thick grit like substance. mine came out absolutely great and is everything i was looking for, and that says a lot considering how much pride i take in my truck and the work i do to it. hope this helps!
Old February 28th, 2008, 1:56 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks for the input Jeckel707. Does anyone else have any other thoughts or things to concider?
Old February 28th, 2008, 3:28 PM
CF Junior Member

another thing to think about adingman99, my brother in law owns a masonry company, he beats the living hell out of his bed, he has a line-x as well in his 2500HD, the liner has withstood every single thing that he has literally thrown into it, and he has only had 1 spot that got scratched (which they filled for free, lifetime warranty)from metal framing from his staging because the corner was sharp enough to slice your handopen. that was proof enough for me!!
Old March 1st, 2008, 2:00 AM
CF Beginner

I recently saw a spray in liner that is supposedly made by Dow and is the same as the LineX. The dealer doing it says it is lifetime guaranteed and it was about $100 less than a LineX job.

Don't know anything else about it but the Jeep sprayed with it looked pretty nice.
Old March 1st, 2008, 7:20 PM
CF Beginner

This is what I had sprayed on the bed of my '01. The previous owner didn't mind scratching or denting the bed. What impressed me about the job was how well it hid a lot of the smaller dents.
Old March 1st, 2008, 7:53 PM
CF Active Member

I went with the Rhino Liner when my 03' Silverado was new. It's five years old now and the bed (liner)still looks like new. I would recommend Rhino to anyone, it works for me.