Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Starting problem on a 96 chevy truck

Search this Thread

Old August 18th, 2007, 7:44 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Starting problem on a 96 chevy truck

I mostly do Fords so I would like some input on this before I jump into it. He says the problem is after driving it it won't start but after setting it will. He brought it over to me today and it felt really hot under the hood but the temp said 210. I also felt the starter wire from the battery which was hot like an over load. The truck has a new battery which to me seems to small being 575 CCA. I think the truck might be overheating and the starter is getting to warm a problem I always had with my Corvette race car. I would relly like any ideas thanks!
Old August 19th, 2007, 3:11 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Starting problem on a 96 chevy truck

How about a little more information. Does it crank and not start, or not crank? How long does it have to set before it will start again? Any more symptoms or other info that might help someone help you?

Old August 19th, 2007, 4:36 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Starting problem on a 96 chevy truck

It seems like it is not getting enough amps but it is. It has a brand new battery And I hook jumper cables directly to the starter from my diesel truck. It just wants to turn over but it doesnt or not enough. I seem like the engine has is a heavy load for it. I will replace the cables tomorrow and the staretr then see what is the true problem is from there.