Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Stereo Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old May 7th, 2009, 8:19 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stereo Upgrade

Hi. Since I have to wait on an exhaust from Flow Master, I thought I would upgrade the stereo. I have a 2009 standard factory stereo now, but want to upgrade to something with built in bluetooth. Here's the kicker, I want a head unit that allows the user to select the display and key colors. It's just a personal choice to at least be able to come close to matching the instrument color. Also, I've heard of an adapter that I will have to purchase in order to maintain OnStar capability. Has anyone done a change similar to this? Oh, I was also looking ino just upgrading with a factory head unit, but the dealership said it has to come from the factory equipped.

Last edited by Gunz; May 7th, 2009 at 8:22 PM.
Old May 9th, 2009, 6:56 AM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

the dealership is wrong. I have upgraded many new style c\k trucks and suv radios. The radios, half the time, are just plug and play, with the exception of the Nav radios.
If you are going to go aftermarket head unit, you will need an integration module to keep the onstar, chimes, signals, and factory back-up sensor audible.
http://www.pac-audio.com/products/pr...Interface#os-4