Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

stock radio ground issue??

Search this Thread

Old March 10th, 2008, 9:12 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stock radio ground issue??

Hey I have a 92 1500 half ton pick up its the v6 4.3 manual if it makes a difference.. I am having a ground issue or a relay issue not quite sure yet wondering if someone has had this same issue and can help..

i start the truck when its cold and the radio kicks on no problem, then once the truck warms up, and i apply the brake, or the blinker the radio totally dies.. i have looked and looked at the wiring under the dash and around the brake lights and even under the hood but can't seem to figure it out this is very irritating considdering the amount of time ive wasted trying to get a radio in my truck!!! PLEASE HELP ME!!!!
Old March 10th, 2008, 10:26 AM
Super Moderator

Default RE: stock radio ground issue??

Welcome to the forum!!! Does the radio die when turn on your lights? And is it only one side of the turn signals or both, left and right sides that cause it to die?
Old March 10th, 2008, 1:28 PM
CF Senior Member

Default RE: stock radio ground issue??

Is this a new problem? Have you installed anything electrical recentley? It doesnt sound like a ground wire problem, it wouldnt work at all if it was not grounded. Hell, maybe its just going out, its 16 years old, time to replace it.