Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

strange downshift and 4wd check light

Search this Thread

Old September 4th, 2007, 8:58 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default strange downshift and 4wd check light

New guy here,

just bougt a 05 silverado Z71 crew cab with 36K on it a month ago. Now, when coming to a stop, the tranny downshifts then seems to upshift and back down. the engines revs up to 1000RPM and then back to 800 and back to 1000 then back down. its pretty weird. any ideas

Also, 4wd service light came on tonight. ive only used the 4wd once to pull a very small tree stump out, Any common problems or simple solutions? cant change to 4wd anymore, switches dont work. I did justdrive through a large puddle (flooded street).
thanks in advance....
Old September 5th, 2007, 9:11 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: strange downshift and 4wd check light

ok, transmission is ok, i took it over to my friends shop and they checked it all out.

4wd is still not working. he couldnt pull any codes. it actually worked one time and he thought it was just a glitch, but the service 4wd came back on and now its pretty much never gone away. i did notice tonight while driving the red light next to the N (eutral) writing is now on and the light on the 2wd is off.... It has to be something electrical, relay, computer?

thanks