Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Stupid Headlight!

Search this Thread

Old June 12th, 2013, 4:54 PM
CJM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stupid Headlight!

Ok folks first post, but I need some MAJOR help!

At work I was tasked with changing the headlight bulb on a 2010 sierra, after looking at it I figured I could unbolt a few spots and just take it out.

That didnt work out to well and I managed to snap where (after searching the net) 3rd bolt is. I broke what i believe is the headlight housing itself down there.

What I need to know is if this tab is part of the headlight housing or another part of the truck. Cause if its part of the truck Im sooo screwed. My boss wants a new headlight NOW, for now I glued everything back together at least.

To clarify the tab Im talking about is on the drivers side headlight and mounts to the body i think above the bumper area. It broke and left maybe maybe 1" attached to the headlight. Id say its part of the headlight housing, but cant find anything in pictures really.

Also the stupid autolights stopped working, worked fine up until yesterday. Both headlights work fine tho, but the auto function wont work, can turn them in manually tho.

Many, many thanks!