Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Subwoofer into stock dash???

Search this Thread

Old June 16th, 2010, 10:40 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Subwoofer into stock dash???

Hey guys, just got a 2010 silverado cheyenne crew cab. I am trying to figure out how i can put in a sub and amp into my truck using the stock dash, it isnt a bose system. i havent gotten the subs yet but i got a couple rockford amps kicking around so far, jut trying to see how complicated this will be or how expensive before i start buying the rest. so if anyone can let me know how this can be hooked up, id really appreciate it!
Old June 25th, 2010, 3:23 PM
CF Beginner

I am having similar troubles, but I am replacing the head unit. Scosche makes interfaces that will allow you to use the stock radio unit and add amplifiers and subs. This link will take you to some of those items and you can research it from there. http://www.scosche.com/products/sfID.../159/sfID3/272
Old June 25th, 2010, 11:09 PM
CF Beginner

awesome, thanks darlin, appreciate the help!
Old June 25th, 2010, 11:37 PM
CF Beginner

Yes you can, they make a simple type of wiring harness that taps directly into your rear speakers, it pulls the lower frequencies from your 6x9's or whatnot, and converts it to your RCA jacks that go into your amp. I have one at the house, they cost around $50 i believe. IMO they aren't really worth it...I had it running like that for about a week, but theres just so much more control over your sub when you run an aftermarket stereo, I now have an alpine in mine and it has subwoofer control (so you can crank the sub up but not the componet speakers) Really worth it for you to rid yourself of the stock radio, I know it's a bose, but keep it if you plan on resale'ing but if you need any more info, i'll check back on this thread....Good luck
Old June 27th, 2010, 11:59 AM
CF Beginner

If you are going to go thru that much work to add that module, you should replace the stock radio. The power you get and the adjustments are far better than the stock setup. I just finished my install yesterday and the system sounds really good. I did not replace the factory speakers until I heard the aftermarket head unit thu them. It was day and night difference. All the trim and molding came off super easy and there was plenty of room behind the dash to run all the cables and to store the module. Just some things to think about.
Old June 28th, 2010, 10:28 AM
CF Beginner

only reason i wanted to keep the stock dash is because its a lease i want to be able to have the sound system i can easily take out when the lease is up incase i dont buy it out, i dont wanna start ripping stuff out if i cant put it back, even if it was able for the stock dash to be put back, and i had it all done professionally to be taken out n such, any ideas how much that would run me cost wise?
Old June 28th, 2010, 11:30 AM
CF Beginner

I bought my stuff from a local dealer, they were gonna charge me $100, but it took me around an hour to install and run wires, its really simple. You have to pull dash apart, unhook wiring harness for the stock radio, then you do a plug n play kinda deal with the new stereo. You will have to match wires up to their color once again simple, when its time to return your leased vehicle you simply pull your dash apart again, unplug the wiring harness, then plug your stock radio back into your factory wiring harness. If you have any other questions post them on here, and i'll check back in a day or so...good luck