Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Supercharging a silverado

Search this Thread

Old September 17th, 2007, 2:23 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Supercharging a silverado

I am about to buy an 03-05 silverado, and wondering what its gunna take to get the bad boy supercharged...ive been really looking at the vortech kit for a little over 4 grand ...but whats it gunna take to get it installed/tuned..i am not a really handy type of person but anyone know the average rates to get it installed/tuned?? any shops within CA/Sacremento area

Thanks!!
Old September 17th, 2007, 10:55 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Supercharging a silverado

figure a day of install to a day and a half, for someone who knows what they are doing, I did my Stang in a weekend myself, most kits are 'Bolt on' ....sorta, there is always gonna be some fabricating and cutting and things, not really much to tune, most times with a S/C you have to upgrde the fuel system as well, injectors, pump, plugs, wires, anddepending on milage of the truck your buying a good overhaul may be in order. Remember your slamming another 60-150 HP through a engine that has already been worked for 3-5 years.......as well as the running gear....