Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Superchips or hypertech?

Search this Thread

Old July 13th, 2007, 8:43 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Superchips or hypertech?

Which is the best choice i hear they both to the same thing but i also hear each one has some flaws. What are your opinions?
Old July 14th, 2007, 7:36 AM
CF Junior Member

Default RE: Superchips or hypertech?

Bullydog Power Pup
Old July 19th, 2007, 1:48 AM
CF Beginner

your right there is good and bad for both...the superchip i have is for all gas96-03 and i like how it allows tranny shift points and line pressure to be changed where the hypertec for my 05 doesn't have that and i felt a bigger difference from a superchip for my 05 than the hypertec but i was just borrowing it...i have k&n,tbs and flowmaster 40 series on both but i felt the hypertec without any of this was better on its own than the superchip but i guess it depends on your driving really. ive seen the power pup on an 03 vortec but i wouldnt buy bully dog...i live near theyre headquarters so everybody has one but i havent lost to anything with the "power" pup so im not impressed
Old July 19th, 2007, 11:17 PM
CF Beginner

If you want a good tune, neither does a whole lot. You want a performance tune for sure. If you can part with your vehicle being off the road for a couple days, contact http://www.gowheatley.com/ just had him to a 93 tune on my 03 Denali, and it woke it right up. You can gain so much more for less by sending your computer in. Contact Charlie.
Old July 20th, 2007, 12:39 AM
CF Beginner

Well ordered hypertechs new Max Energy programmer. Just came out recently. It is now internet updateable and is made model and motor specific. So ill see how it does and let you guys know. Thanks for the Help
Old April 18th, 2008, 11:26 AM
CF Beginner

anybody no about code #350 for a triple dog diesel
Old September 26th, 2011, 2:11 PM
CF Beginner

Default Hypertech Max Energy and Power Programer 3

So i know it took me forever to find and test this information, but i got it first i have a 2004 Chevy Silverado 2500 hd Gas 6.0 4X4 lifted 35 inch tires with dual flows out the back and a aftermarket intake, after testing and talking to hypertech for the last few days we came up with this set up, First of all follow on screen commands to get into hypertech programing, it willfirst go through the vin # of you vehicle and make sure its compatable then it will say checking for dtc after all that bs it will ask if you want to enter hypertech programing press y to enter, then it asks stock or install tuning you want to install tuning, then you want to adjust the engine rev limiter to 6200, then y to go to next screen then it asks top speed limiter mine is at 255 but you dont need it that high put it at what ever is comforatable for you, now the trick y part if you have aftermarket tires and wheels for examble lifted lowered truck you need to put a tape measure on the ground and measure from the ground to the top of the tire and enter that number to the closest .25inch, if you have 35inch tires DO NOT ENTER 35, i have 35 inch tires and i set mine at 33 on the programer and my speedo is right on, the next it askes if you have a automatic transmission if so you want + 300 on all you shiuft points go through that the nest thing increase you shift firmness to 50% then nothing else install programing

Also you need to unplug your radio fuse from under the hood other wise you will get an error code, if you dont have power to your obd port check the CIG fuse under the fuse pannel under the hood also

Break down
Rev Limiter- 6200 RPM
Top Speed Limiter- What ever you comfortable with
Tire Size- Measure from ground to top of tire and enter it to the closest .25inch if they are not stock tire size
Transmission Shift Points- 1-2 +300 2-3 +300 3-4 +300
Transmission Shift Firmness- 50%

Last edited by Osanna; September 26th, 2011 at 2:16 PM.