Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

throttle boby spacer whistle

Search this Thread

Old June 9th, 2009, 5:40 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question throttle boby spacer whistle

OK i have a 2003 1500 hd with a throttle body spacer and it whistles when i hold it at a steady speed and it goes away when u step on the gas or let it coast so i was wondering how to make the dam thing stop whistling its starting to drive me nuts

my mother inlaws boyfriend has a 2001 2500 whith the same engine 6.0 and the same spacer in it and it doesnt whistle as load or high pich as mine does

i want the dam thing to stop so how do i make it stop ahhhhhh
Old June 9th, 2009, 6:34 PM
CF Active Member

Throttle Body Spacers are supposed to whistle unless you buy the ones that are specifically designed not to whistle. My suggestion would be to check to make sure that it is sealed well; a really high pitch from it makes me think its drawing in air from its seal. If it doesn't go away after reseating it, swap it for one thats made not to whistle.
Old June 9th, 2009, 9:19 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check vacuum pressure could be vacuum leak around spacer.
Old June 10th, 2009, 6:18 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by deadwood
OK i have a 2003 1500 hd with a throttle body spacer and it whistles
i want the dam thing to stop so how do i make it stop ahhhhhh
best way to stop it from whistling, is just remove it..there not good for anything, just a waste of money. if you want some extra HP/TQ get a custom tune.
Old June 10th, 2009, 6:34 PM
CF Active Member

In your opinion, they don't do anything; Some people have seen noticeable results from them, like myself.
Old June 10th, 2009, 6:44 PM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by Blindsight
In your opinion, they don't do anything; Some people have seen noticeable results from them, like myself.
yes IMO.. on a TBI system or old school carb set up, then yes i would agree that there is a noticeable improvement. but on a LS motor i have not heard of any benefits from them..
Old June 10th, 2009, 6:48 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dyno test show maybe a 1 horse gain but you cannot notice the difference and I do not think it is worth the money. But it's your opinion and your truck and that's all that matters.
Old June 11th, 2009, 11:03 AM
CF Beginner

Thumbs up Spacer

Thanks for suggestions it helps so i went out to my truck and took it off and cleaned it all up and come to the discovery the name and part number of it and it is a paweraid 200-something so i look it up online on the web site and looked at the instructions for the throttle body spacers and everyone of the instruction says in RED INK at the bottom IF IT WHISTLES, IT'S WORKING. so i thought to myself well isn't that just plain f@#k up lmao so like i said thanks for the replies they helped
Old June 12th, 2009, 12:15 AM
CF Active Member

hahaha.. thats some funny s*%t haaha.. i have one too i can rarely hear the whistle cuz of my exhaust and all. lol. and also the sounds system ima have to check on that though lol..
Old June 12th, 2009, 1:07 AM
CF Active Member

Mine may or may not whistle; I usually have music blaring so I realistically shouldn't be able to hear it, haha.

Quick Reply: throttle boby spacer whistle