Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

throttle body

Search this Thread

Old May 6th, 2009, 6:06 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation throttle body

Mkk to remind people of my problem/headache my turck acts like its going to stall at stops and in parking lots it has a hunting idle goes down to 500 then above 1000 then settles at 850 when you push the clutch in. It idles fine and runs fine though and as of today i have officially replaced every sensor took it to the deaer 5 times and still dont know!!! Good compression new fuel filter, injectors, and fuel pressure regulator!! No codes and have replaced and checked every sensor so i know its not that!!! The only thing i havent done is taken my throttle body off and cleaned it i have cleaned it on the truck but not off of it!! My question is what is the procedure for cleaning these? I did a search on the internet for my problem and someone had a similar problem and they said something about a small hole on the throttle body being clogged any one know what hole this is? I have ran sea foam through it and i always use fuel injector cleaner/gas treatment when i fill up. Thanks guys one day i will fix this problem and stop bothering you guys with the same problem!!!
Old May 6th, 2009, 6:38 PM
Super Moderator
Ride of the Month
May 2009

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Zuk, I could be wrong but I would think the smallest hole in the system is the injector nozzles and that would be the place most likely to get clogged. Have you looked at the spray pattern on both injectors and see if they have the same flow? If the pattern is different one side from the other try switching the electrical leads and see if it's different because of a bad injector or an electrical problem.
Old May 6th, 2009, 7:00 PM
Super Moderator

i have checked injectors and replaced them the flow is normal and fuel pressure regualtor is normal a guy on ebay sells them for 130 dollars he rebuilds them. should i go this route? Aby body got a holley TBI they want to sell?
Old May 6th, 2009, 7:07 PM
Super Moderator
Ride of the Month
May 2009

I put the Holley on mine and it works well, I bought it new and they are a little pricy.
I hate to tell you to buy one if that isn't you're problem.
Too bad you don't live a bit closer, I have a couple old TBI's laying around and would gladly let you try one out to see if it helped.
Old May 6th, 2009, 7:28 PM
Super Moderator

yeah i know im sure you have a lot of tips you could give me too thats to bad
Old May 7th, 2009, 4:35 PM
Super Moderator

bump-
Old June 5th, 2009, 7:12 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same problem once , did you check the throttle body position sensor ? I also have a Holley on my 1995 Tahoe and clean it once a year .
Old June 5th, 2009, 7:14 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah that was the first thing I replaced aside from the IACV! I want to get a holley TBI unit but they are really expensive! Let me know if you know of anybody who wants to sell one lol.
Old June 5th, 2009, 8:44 PM
CF Active Member

i read an article in hot rod magazine where they had a TBI cleaned and blue-printed, might be the best way to go, i can't remember which issue it was but i could look it up if you would like
Old June 5th, 2009, 9:50 PM
Super Moderator
Professional Mechanic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by suzuki-guy
i always use fuel injector cleaner/gas treatment when i fill up.
Do you really use it every fill up? What kind?

Quick Reply: throttle body