Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Turbonator?

Search this Thread

Old June 20th, 2008, 6:28 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbonator?

Anyone had any experience with this addition? Supposed to increase air flow.

Sean
Old June 20th, 2008, 9:28 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Turbonator?

actually, it's supposed to break laminar air flow and turn it into turbulent one, with idea of dispersing and atomizing air/fuel mix better. it has been proven to have no effect if installed into the air intake hose. turbulant air flow lasts for about 1 inch, then is being nullified by the walls. and you know well enough how far combustion chambers are from even throttle body, least to say - turbonator.
2ndly, all modern cars have turbulant combustion chamber design anyway.
unless you figure how to have those installed directly into the air intake right in front of the combustion chamber, it's doing nothing but releiving you from about 60 bucks. so called "i can feel more power and better gas mileage" statements are either fake, made by people in interst, or created by " i bought it, so it works, or i am an idiot" principle.
if you want air flow increase without breaking a bank, look into E-Ram.
Old June 23rd, 2008, 4:00 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Turbonator?

Thanks for the input, I never trust testimonials, anyone with 15 minutes of extra time can make up a half page long rant about how awesome something is.