Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Turn signals

Search this Thread

Old May 27th, 2009, 6:41 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Turn signals

My left turn signal flashes about twice as fast as the right, but no bulbes are out like you would think? I do have LED tail lights but they all light up and when I turn my flachers on they flash at the same time! Anyone have any ideas?

THanks Charlie
Old June 13th, 2009, 12:38 PM
CF Active Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When your turn signals flash faster than normal, it usually means that either you have one or more burnt out bulbs on one side, a defective bulb, or the wrong bulb part number bulb installed in either the front, side marker, or the rear. Sometimes, one of the two filiments will break and touch the other one in the same bulb causing flasher problems, or really bright park lamps and can effect the other side too. also, you can find two different bulb part numbers that look the same but they are keyed different and they will cause rapid flashing, you can, just for giggles, swap all the bulbs in the turn signals light bulbs in the front from right to left to see if that changes anything, also verify that you do have the correct bulbs installed per your owners manual.
Old June 13th, 2009, 12:43 PM
CF Active Member

It's most likely your LED tail lights; I would ensure that all your bulbs are working properly first, though. If you find that all is well and good, then you need to install some load equalizers on your turn signals in either the front or the back. My turn signals used to flash really fast when I first installed my LED turn signals (all 6 bulbs were LED), then I installed 4 load equalizers (one on each bulb in the bumper lights) and they are back at normal pace now.

Which is great for me, because I got pulled over for them flashing too fast; but keep in mind, mine are red, lol.
Old June 15th, 2009, 11:29 AM
CF Active Member

I found out I had lost one of the LED drivers, but I walked the road where I knew it had to be & there it was. Once I soldered yhe wires back on they work!!!