Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

USB iPod crackle/popping

Search this Thread

Old July 21st, 2010, 2:17 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default USB iPod crackle/popping

I purchase a new 2010 1500 crew cab with nave this weekend. I love the truck but have an issue with the radio. Whenever I use the ipod I get a crackle/popping in the speakers. This is only present on the ipod. If I unplug the cable and plug back in it goes for a bit (5min) and then starts in again. I have also tried different cables and my iphone4 and get the same results. With this in mind, it is not my ipod/iphone/cables.

Has anyone experienced this? Has anyone fixed this? Please help this is so annoying on a new truck.
Old July 23rd, 2010, 2:17 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

I would suggest you speak with your local dealership. They would be the ones best able to diagnose your vehicle and make sure that it working as it should be. If you continue to have issues you can speak with me and I will help you.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old July 23rd, 2010, 7:04 PM
Administrator

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

make sure the ends of the cables are clean, use a lint free cloth with some alcohol to wipe down the connector ends....if this does not resolve the issue
then the jack on the radio may need to be cleaned or repaired...
the popping and cracking is due to poor connection between the cable and the jack...or possibly the jack to the circuit board in the radio
Old July 24th, 2010, 10:07 AM
CF Beginner

I took my truck into the chevy dealer on Friday. They heard the crackle. I told them I switched cords and ipods with the same results. I left two different cords. They swapped the cords and said it played for two hours, I said impossible. What could I do but go down there. I went down there and said let me listen for five minutes. After five minutes it started up and they heard it again. I talked to the guy who was working on it. He said he heard camaros had a problem with this. He said take the truck and leave the sercive ticket open. He stated that he would cal tech service for GM and see what he could find.

I now have the trcuk back and have to call them on Monday. I am really upset because I dont think this will be resolve and it is the most annoying thing to me. I cant believe I am the only one, if thats the case then it is the radio. If not, then I am stuck with a popping radio.

I hope someone knows the resolution to this.

Sean
Old July 24th, 2010, 11:00 AM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what about getting an aftermarket radio with nav?
Old July 24th, 2010, 11:49 AM
CF Beginner

Not to be an ***, but why would I buy aftermarket when I just paid 2400 extra for the factory nav and what not. I bought this loaded so that I would not have to mess with aftermarket. The factory is nice and all integrated together. I just want it to work correctly with no popping/crackle.
Old July 24th, 2010, 5:13 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

trust me i dont think your an ***. if i paid that much for a luxury option i would be frustrated as well and would want it to work for that cost. so i understand your frustration. i would check back with your dealer and see what they can do. maybe talk them into getting you a new deck.
Old July 29th, 2010, 10:21 AM
CF Beginner

So I dropped truck off again yesterday and picked it up. Turns out they tried my ipod in another vehicle and no crackle. They called GM Service again and come to find out there is a software update (hopefully this solves it). The discs will be at the dealer on Monday. So I will post again on Monday the outcome.
Old July 29th, 2010, 3:32 PM
Administrator

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

thanks for the update and keeping us posted..
Old August 7th, 2010, 12:27 PM
CF Beginner

Well after 5 trips to the dealer....they were unable to flash the new radio with the software that GM sent them. They gave up and finally ordered me a new radio. It will be in next week. Hopefully this solves the problem. I will keep you posted.

Quick Reply: USB iPod crackle/popping