Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

WHAT? I got keyed at walmart!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old January 2nd, 2008, 7:38 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WHAT? I got keyed at walmart!!!!!

hey guys,
thanks for yas help with my last problem. I was at walamart last night, and i dont knw who or why but my truck has a four foot long scrtach on it now. Any way to get rid of it?
its not to the metal. any help plz?
i love this thing, and it killed me.
p.s. truck is in the shop to get the manifold gasket replaced, thanks for the tip.
Old January 3rd, 2008, 6:17 AM
CF Beginner

Default RE: WHAT? I got keyed at walmart!!!!!

If the mark is only through the clear coat and not the paint,

try Meguires #7 polish. (less than $15) If that does not work, go to your local paint and body shop material store and find 3m "Finess" polish (about $30). Buy the white bottle (gritless) and not the grey one. You will need a high speed buffer (not an orbital). Clean the entire truck 100% free of grime. Buff out the entire side, at least. Be careful not to burn the existing paint around it by being light on the pressure.

The 3m polish is not available from your chain stores. If you can not find it, try www.Eastwood.com
Old January 4th, 2008, 7:57 PM
CF Beginner

shayandude that is f'd up sorry to hear that.

flapjack 1 question aren't all buffers orbital? I'm looking into getting a milwakee one is that ok let me know thank.
Old January 12th, 2008, 8:03 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dude i got keyed too just this past monday. my first freakin day back to school and i had my brand new lund cover on and i was scared that would get stolen but instead i get a scratch that starts at the door all the way to the back. it goes from clear coat depth to primer then back to clear coat... the mother buffer used a knife and he also marked 6 other cars... this mustang was the worst... the best part was i just got my drivers side re-painted over the summer for a accident and i know the body shop... dude i was pissed... cuz if they got the other side then i would hav had the whole truck new paint for free lol. but o well... if i find that jerk off oh man is he in pain.
Old January 13th, 2008, 1:09 PM
CF Beginner

The thing to use is meguires scratch X. If it is not down to the primer this product and a little elbow grease will remove it, follow the directions exactly, it may take two or three applications, after applying it follow it up with a polish and then a good coat of wax.
Old February 7th, 2008, 11:50 PM
CF Beginner

While it might be too late to do anything about it now, for future reference if anyone's vehicle is damaged at a Wal-Mart or other retail location, contact Management immediately. Almost all Wal-Marts and many other retail locations have parking lot surveillance video with 100% coverage and recorded video. This was mandated by many stores due to parking lot abductions, apprehension of shoplifters and civil suits resulting from parking lot accidents.

If the video shows who keyed your vehicle, most likely they can be identified and further investigated by law enforcement. Besides, damaging a paint job to that degree, in most states, would constitute a felony.
Regardless, I'm truly sorry to hear about your damage. It reminds me of the line from "Pulp Fiction" regarding someone who would do that.

Old February 8th, 2008, 10:31 AM
CF Junior Member

thanks man
ill remember that
hope it doesnt happen again or at least for a very very very long time .