Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

What kind of exhaust should I get to make my silverado as loud as possible?

Search this Thread

Old October 24th, 2010, 12:20 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

glasspacks that are flipped (backwards) make it loud
Old October 24th, 2010, 1:07 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Cpb200
mile wha kinda tone does your 40series give
Sounds very crisp and deep, but also muffled.
The volume output of the 40 series to me seems pretty close to the volume output of
The engine, but still a little louder than the engine. Though the volume does go up quite a
bit louder than the engine As the rpm's go up.
Not extremely loud at low rpm's but I can hear in idle from inside my house.
At higher rpm's of like ibsaid it is much louder but still with a clean sound, not
As throaty or... Kinda raunchy sounding as the 10 series.
It is a single in, dual out exhaust

It sounds very nice but if you are just looking to get it as loud as possible
You may not like the 40 series.
But don't get me wrong, it is still loud, you can probably hear it at 2,000 or 3,000
Rpm's from a ways away.
I am on my Blackberry right now, but best I can tell this video sounds very very
Close to what mine sounds like
http://m.youtube.com/watch?gl=CA&war...&v=GYoi0Lr3JrU
If the above link doesn't work, try this one:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYoi0Lr3JrU

Last edited by Mille Racer 69; October 24th, 2010 at 1:56 PM.
Old October 24th, 2010, 7:00 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oh my freaking god, anyone who thinks that glasspacks or flowmasters are great need to go jump off a cliff, glasspacks sound like crap and flowmasters actually dont give and increase of power, and thats a fact, now i have magnaflow true dual catbacks on my truck right now and even tho i like the sound of them, im still not getting it as loud as i want and they arent giving the best performance either, i mean dont get me wrong, anything abouve stock is better but when you want to get into the best possible then you have to be a little more picky then flowmasters or magnaflow, any chamber style muffler will cut down on flow and noise, i have a friend with a 2000 SS camaro with a cammed LS1, his muffler of choise was the moroso spiral flow muffler, man is it loud and sounds great, i have a 97 350, and im going to get some really soon, if you want louder and better performance then a bullet style muffler is the only option
Old October 24th, 2010, 9:54 PM
CF Active Member

well my dad has magnaflow on his truck not loud enough for me
and some people like the sound of glasspacks any i didnt like the way the 10series sounded it sounded to raspy for me im tryen to find low rpm deep loud tone(my try doesnt go over 2k rpm unless i need to get some were) wich for some reason is impossible to find ive had friends who have dakotas (i kno its a dogde) with the sound im looking for and they have a way smaller motor than i do when ever i look up what they had on a silverado it doesnt sound the same

so basicly im looking for loud deep at low rpms that i can hear in the cab(yea i actualy want that) and doesnt sound like crap also does turndowns make it louder? and would 1 or 2 mufflers be louder
Old October 24th, 2010, 11:11 PM
CF Beginner

Look into the Borla exhaust systems
Old October 25th, 2010, 12:42 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by silverado13
oh my freaking god, anyone who thinks that glasspacks or flowmasters are great need to go jump off a cliff, glasspacks sound like crap and flowmasters actually dont give and increase of power, and thats a fact, now i have magnaflow true dual catbacks on my truck right now and even tho i like the sound of them, im still not getting it as loud as i want and they arent giving the best performance either, i mean dont get me wrong, anything abouve stock is better but when you want to get into the best possible then you have to be a little more picky then flowmasters or magnaflow, any chamber style muffler will cut down on flow and noise, i have a friend with a 2000 SS camaro with a cammed LS1, his muffler of choise was the moroso spiral flow muffler, man is it loud and sounds great, i have a 97 350, and im going to get some really soon, if you want louder and better performance then a bullet style muffler is the only option
u dont like glasspacks? do u want some crumpets with your tea? they wiegh 10 lbs and cost 20 bucks, turn it backwards and there isnt anything out there that flows better (it goes strait though) there isnt anything that obstructs it (unlike any turbo muffler mentioned)
if it is throaty but managable u want then go borla, they sound beeeutiful
Old October 25th, 2010, 1:13 AM
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Cpb200
well my dad has magnaflow on his truck not loud enough for me
and some people like the sound of glasspacks any i didnt like the way the 10series sounded it sounded to raspy for me im tryen to find low rpm deep loud tone(my try doesnt go over 2k rpm unless i need to get some were) wich for some reason is impossible to find ive had friends who have dakotas (i kno its a dogde) with the sound im looking for and they have a way smaller motor than i do when ever i look up what they had on a silverado it doesnt sound the same

so basicly im looking for loud deep at low rpms that i can hear in the cab(yea i actualy want that) and doesnt sound like crap also does turndowns make it louder? and would 1 or 2 mufflers be louder

maybe a 30 series is what you are lookin for.
good deep V8 sound like the 40 series, just louder.
video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOEWcorJ_Lc

I don't think 1 vs 2 pipes makes a massive difference in sound.
The 2 pipes help with mid range power and 1 pipe helps with top end high rpm power

Last edited by Mille Racer 69; October 25th, 2010 at 1:16 AM.
Old October 25th, 2010, 1:40 AM
CF Active Member

wow never looked into the 30 series it sounds good
Old October 25th, 2010, 2:03 AM
CF Active Member

was looking around on the internet for reviews couldnt find any....
Old October 25th, 2010, 10:43 AM
CF Senior Member

There are probably limited to no reviews on the 30 series cuz
it is an "in between" model. Most people want 1 of 2 things:
An exhaust that is just as loud as possible, or an exhaust that
Is more muffled, but still has a deep defined sound.

The 30 series is like a mix of the 2, pretty loud and deep rumble,
But yet still a defined sound, not just raspy or whatever.

Quick Reply: What kind of exhaust should I get to make my silverado as loud as possible?