Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

What is a "Special Edition" ('87 PU)?

Search this Thread

Old October 30th, 2011, 7:34 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is a "Special Edition" ('87 PU)?

Hello,
I recently bought me a 1987 Chev Pick Up. But instead of saying C-10 or Silverado on the side and the dash, it just says "Special Edition". Why is this or should I say what does that mean? I heard that that was the first year they came out with something called "Throttle-Body" and Fuel Injection (I am no mechanic)., but is that name pertaining to the engine and mechanical stuff and all or just the fancy body style?

It is in very good condition, all original, even the jack was still in place and all original owners' manual and other little papers that came with it. It has a 350 in it and sort of tricked out wheels and paint job and chrome and stuff like a tool box and a chrome handrail along bed, etc, etc.. The old original two tone silver paint job is faded and clear coat is peeling in some places, but it still is a good looking truck. No body damage or anything. And runs like a scalded dog!!
Thanks, just wondering why they called it "Special Edition"?
Freebooter
Old October 30th, 2011, 10:02 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

87 was the first year for throttle body injection but this didnt warrant any difference in model designation ?????