Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

what would you do

Search this Thread

Old January 6th, 2011 | 9:14 PM
CF Junior Member

Default what would you do

I have a 94 k1500 that i bought in november. A week later found out the main bearings and piston rings were worn out. It was sold to me as a Z71 and later I found out it wasnt. So I`m taking the dealership to court tryin to get my money back. Then I was talking to a guy that I know and he has a 350 tbi motor with 70000 miles on it he would sell me for 300, but im not sure what to do.
Old January 7th, 2011 | 10:00 AM
CF Senior Member

Default What to do

First was there any kind of written guarantee? If not you are probably stuck. As to buying a used engine I always figured you had a 50-50 chance of getting something usable.
Old January 7th, 2011 | 12:15 PM
CF Junior Member

Haven't researched them for awhile, but cant you get a new crate 350 pretty cheap these days
Old January 7th, 2011 | 7:03 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by OLD WRENCH
First was there any kind of written guarantee? If not you are probably stuck. As to buying a used engine I always figured you had a 50-50 chance of getting something usable.

there was no written garuntee but it was false representation. I know a guy that had the samething happen with a car and the judge ruled they had to give his money back.

The motor that the guy wants to sell me is out of a c1500 that a tree fell on awhile back. I went to look at it, it started right up, and seemed to be fine.
Old January 7th, 2011 | 7:37 PM
CF Veteran

Bro, this car is almost 20 years old. Who cares if the motor is shot? You have a CHEVY truck in AMERICA. Yank it out and put a 454 in there.
What false representation? You bought a used car, buyer beware. Who cares if its a Z71? I bet the transfer case is busted too. Make the truck what you want it to be. Now if the time for you to use some imagination.
Old January 8th, 2011 | 2:06 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by RacerX
Bro, this car is almost 20 years old. Who cares if the motor is shot? You have a CHEVY truck in AMERICA. Yank it out and put a 454 in there.
What false representation? You bought a used car, buyer beware. Who cares if its a Z71? I bet the transfer case is busted too. Make the truck what you want it to be. Now if the time for you to use some imagination.
I never thought about it that way.
Old January 8th, 2011 | 6:12 PM
CF Veteran

......is all I m saying...
you could slam it, bigfoot it, strap a .50 cal on the roof and drive to Iraq, make a dang BAJA, Drag race, or anything. GO wild man!
Old January 9th, 2011 | 11:51 PM
CF Pro Member

lol, awesome racerX i like the way you think, lets meet up in the BAJA when 2012 is here lol, seriously though 300 is a great deal for the other 350, take a compression test before you hand cash over, and if the engine isnt the same year as yours, make sure the intakes are the same, there were slight changes through the years, and you may have to use the intake originally from your truck
Old January 10th, 2011 | 3:48 AM
CF Junior Member

Well, after reading these posts and about 2 hours of sitting in the garage staring at it and thinking about it I decided to keep it. I should be getting the motor at the end of this month. Then if the transmission is good it will be time for upgrades.
Old January 10th, 2011 | 8:18 PM
CF Veteran

slam that bitch, put a cap on it and paint it black with a screaming chicken on the hood, and invite Burt Reynolds over to sign it when you are finished.

Quick Reply: what would you do