Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Wheel Spacer and Truck Modifaction Questions

Search this Thread

Old December 11th, 2013, 11:44 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel Spacer and Truck Modifaction Questions

I have a 1990 Chevy K3500 Silverado Dually, Reg Cab, Reg Bed, 454 TBI, 4 Speed Manual with the Granny Low. Everything with my truck is stock at the moment. I wanting to put a set of 315/75R16 tires on it. I'm trying to find out if I can mount them on my stock rims and if I will need to put Wheel Spacers on it. If I do what size would I need and would I need them for both the back duals and the front or just the back? Which would you recommend Steel or Aluminum? I mainly use the truck for leisure and occasionally haul a few things but by no means pulling a heavy load. I don't haul for a living or anything but I do use the truck to hunt and haul the toys with but never over load limits. I know the Aluminum Spacers are cheaper and that is why I ask. Will I need to do any Wheel Stud modification if I put the Spacers on? The truck is going to be basically a TOY for us but we want to modify it but do it the right way the first time, this will by no means be a "Show Truck". Plan on using, abusing, and beating it around to do what we need to and go where we want with it. I would also like to put a body and suspension lift on it but it's difficult finding a lift kit for a Dually. Not wanting to go to tall but was thinking something between a 6" to 8" suspension lift and a 3" body lift. Any help you could provide on this would be greatly appreciated. First is the tires then will move on to the lift, etc. etc. Thanks for any advice in advance.