Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Old July 22nd, 2015, 2:30 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Transmission
Print Wikipost

Wheel speed sensor YET AGAIN. Pulling the fuse

Search this Thread

Old December 2nd, 2010, 3:20 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel speed sensor YET AGAIN. Pulling the fuse

I own a 2001 Silverado. I had the wheel speed sensors fixed once on my own before the recall, once for the recall, and just over a year later, it's doing it again. I called chevy about it and they said I would be on my own with this repair bill. I can't afford to get it fixed at the moment and today after rolling through an intersection, enough was enough. SO I'll be disabling the sensors however I have to. I have read that pulling the ABS fuse can disable them, is this correct? What fuse box is this located in? If that doesn't work please advise on the size hammer I should use to smash these things
Old December 2nd, 2010, 4:17 PM
CF Beginner

What fuse box is it, the one on the driver-side panel or under the hood?
Old December 4th, 2010, 11:11 PM
CF Junior Member

Fuse center under the hood on driver side 30amp fuse.
Old December 5th, 2010, 8:15 AM
CF Active Member

When I had a couple speed sensors fail it scared the **** out of me. Thought I was gonna rear end the car in front of me. What a crappy design. Fail of sensors or ABS should disable ABS, not render my brakes useless.

Major safety issue.
Old December 5th, 2010, 3:17 PM
CF Beginner

I pulled the fuse in the driver side fuse panel in the cab and it fixed the problem. The ABS idiot light came on as expected. I made sure I still had brake lights and then took it for a test drive. It's freaking amazing, I have brakes again! No more sliding through intersections uncontrollably! I don't have cruise control now but I rarely use it anyway.

Everyone with this problem seriously needs to go to the NHTSA website http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/recalls/ and file a complaint. This is a MAJOR safety issue that obviously was not properly addressed with the recall. The fact that this is happening for so many people even after the recall is just unacceptable. Mine started again only a year later. Whether it's relatively easy to take apart the sensors and clean them yourself is irrelevant. This isn't something that everyone has the capacity to do in their driveway. Chevy really dropped the ball on this one.