Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Wheels? Tires? Lift?

Search this Thread

Old November 2nd, 2008, 8:02 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheels? Tires? Lift?

New to the forum! I have a 2008 NBS Silverado Crew cab 4x4 ltz. I put a 2" ready lift leveling kit and I am wanting to get the true 4x4 look and get rid of the street slicks that it came with by going with the Xd Rockstar rim and some good All-terrain tires. I don't go off-road except for some dirt road driving. What size and brand tire should I go with? The lift instructions said I could go 32" but I measured and it doesn't look like I could get 32 because of rubbing to the fender. Another question is what should I do about backspacing and offset. Stick with the closest to stock or can I get a negative offset without rubbing. Any info would be great! Has anyone done this to their 08' Nbs Silverado?
Old November 2nd, 2008, 9:10 PM
CF Junior Member

Default RE: Wheels? Tires? Lift?

my buddy fit his 33"er dick cepeks on his stock sitting NBS chevy with no rubbing, but once he put the 2 in leveling kit on the front and back it looks much better and seems to fit the 4x4 look much better.

you should be able to fit 33's just make sure you take the backspacing into account

http://www.dickcepek.com/FC_Radial.html
Old November 3rd, 2008, 10:15 AM
CF Beginner

Default RE: Wheels? Tires? Lift?

I am worried with going any bigger than stock because when I turn my wheels to the stopping point there is only about 1/2 inch on each side. which is a total of 1 inch but it looks to close to call. Anyone know about a Tire dealership in DFW that would mount the tires I want on a similar wheel to see if it would fit? Should I try and get a coil spacer or coil spacer and try and achieve a little more lift?