Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

when deer jump in front of your car

Search this Thread

Old October 30th, 2011, 10:27 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default when deer jump in front of your car

Well drivin back to a friends house saturday night and had a deer jump in front of me. Didn't realize the roads were that slick and just as a reaction slammed on my brakes around a bend. truck fishtailed and corrected went back the other way and the wheels just locked up and traction control didn't kick in at all. Fishtailed back the other way when the wheels locked up and went across the other lane over the curb through the fence and down the hill havin my truck bed hit a tree. my buddy and I were both perfectly ok just obviously shookin up. Really lucky it coulda been much worse.

Just spent the morning hunting in the rain snow and sleet too. Fun deer hunting weather.

Photos here on my photo bucket

truck3.jpg picture by ckemp123 - Photobucket
Old October 30th, 2011, 10:35 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like your ABS system failed. Glad no one was hurt. I tell all my people if a deer gets in your road hit the SOB.
Old October 31st, 2011, 7:42 AM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

The last one that I hit on the turnpike was obliterated at 75 mph. Of course there was $8K damage.