Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Why is my truck faster?

Search this Thread

Old April 8th, 2009, 10:34 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

alrighty guys. you want some stories... i can almost write a book from all of em. in my town... we got some junkie cars that try to be smart against trucks. well story one.

at a stop light around 8 p.m. im right at the line. some nasty *** car with a fart can comes up. theres a bike stickin out the trunk and theres 3 people in the car. they crawl up to me and start revving and laughing. me and my buddy both look at each other and i kick it to 3rd gear and wait. the kids turn the music up and rev like its the fast and furious. i see the light turn red on the other poles and i know we are up next. i was so focused that all i could see was the xmas tree (light pole of the red yellow green bulb). and when i knew i had 3 seconds b4 launch, i brake torqued to 2000 rpm. then GREEN! by the time i hit second gear that car was just getting through the rest of the intersection.

story two.

im on I355 highway at around 2 p.m. and theres some mild traffic. im weaving through it because i really wanna get to frys electronics fast because well ok so i wanted to be stupid and i had a need for speed. so, this Ferrari and I are weaving. and he could not for the life of him pass me. we played around and he gave up and got him self stuck in traffic as i pass along nicely. you got to love hittin that skinny pedal and downshifting and just that thrust feeling to instantly pass people.

story three.

im in my buddies 79 bronco(when it was not in pieces) and well... when people see a bronco with 38 inch swamper tsl's and a 6 inch lift... with longtube headers goin down the side with a muffler... well... they think its loud but not fast... well let me tell ya with stock gearing and a 460 big block ford with 38 in. tires... that baby got *****. this ricer is mad because were at a red light and his window is down and the exhaust dumps right into his window. he launches at green and got the surprise on us so we hit it. and second gear he was gone. now... you know you got torque when you snap 5 u-joints in a summer. one time he hit the gas hard at green and boom. driveshaft hangin. then he upgraded to the heaviest duty joints on market... and another green light and boom. it was gone. and to think hes puttin a blower on that beast with all new internals some time. we figure 600 or more foot pounds of torque... minimum when we rebuild.
Old April 8th, 2009, 10:34 AM
Super Moderator

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

OK, I have to admit, before I got my 342s, I did enjoy deviling the crap out of hot-poo sports cars.(Let's see,410 gears,340 hp,16" tires, sounds like a dragster to ME...)

I'd wait till they started rolling, bury 'em, let 'em catch up, bury 'em again, lather,rinse, repeat. I just couldn't resist, it was all that SX-this, and ZRB-that, with their sweet little candy apple paint jobs and high-maintenance GFs in the front seat, watching with jaundiced awe, as I romped and rattled their cages...

SNK-SNK
Old April 8th, 2009, 12:04 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 92chevysilvy
Ok on truckforums you jump on me for sharing my story, then over here you are practically begging them to share... WTH!

Obviously Suzuki guy has never raced before, therefore has no stories
I think you have lost your mind. When did I jump on you for sharing? Or are you just kidding? Man, I can't tell anything anymore cuz no one can tell if I'm serious and I can't tell if anyone is serious. OMG. I was actually happy because it seemed like you were the only one who even had a story. Maybe I need to add more smiley faces. how about now?
Old April 8th, 2009, 12:12 PM
CF Active Member

We got some stories rollin now, don't we? Keep it goin.
Old April 8th, 2009, 1:17 PM
CF Active Member

does anyone know where Preston, Idaho is??? wel thats where i live and if you know where that is you might know where pocatello is.... anyways in my 300zx 5speedturbo tranny 3.0L v6 sohc non-turbo engine i was going up to pocatello from preston its about 65-70 miles well i was just cruisin at 75mph and this toyota celica i think well he came by going at least 90... so i kinda droped it in to 3rd gear and ran it tell i hit 90 when i hit 4th i had passed him i slowed down and let him catch up and i put it in to 4th this time and still took him the only time i left it in 5th i was still passing him but it was a little slower then in 4th or 3rd..... one day i was in my 300zx and i say this kid i know that had this 92 mustang 5.0 bored .030 over and had a cam with a 5 speed in it... well we lined up "i was kinda going against traffic on a mian highway i could see for a long ways and we was deffinatly clear... anyways i honked 3 times and let her go i stomped on his mustang tel i hit 4th gear 120 and he passed... but it was worth the risk well worth the risk...
Old April 8th, 2009, 2:29 PM
CF Active Member

I love the Z's. My 280 was awesome. I always wanted a 90s 300zx but I would spring for the TT. Those were crazy...I always thought my single turbo was crazy but I know a TT would be a beast.