Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Window Sticker / Options

Search this Thread

Old August 13th, 2013, 3:17 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window Sticker / Options

I'm in the market for a 2014 Silverado. I pretty much know the trim that I would like (LTZ). When browsing cars on dealer's website and even on Autotrader it is EXTREMELY difficult to see the options. Some car manufacturers (specifically Dodge Ram) includes a window sticker with most of their new cars on Auto Trader. Not so with Chevrolet. Not sure if that is a GM wide policy or not, but it is extremely frustrating.

When you are searching for the options on a particular trim, the dealer's website will list thinks likeStabilitrak which is a standard safety feature on ALL LTZ trims. It's not an option; you don't pay more for it on the window sticker, it's backed into the base price. You can't opt out for it.

The window sticker on the other hand shows the base price for the trim and then all options and the cost of those options. For example, it will show Power Sunroof and the price for that option.

These dealer websites do show vin numbers. Does anyone know of a way to see the options on a truck if you have a VIN number? I do know that if you go to chevy's website and use their chat, they will give you a decode of the vin #; but you must go thru a real person via chat to do this. Would be so nice if there was a website. Would be even nicer if the dealer's would list their window sticker!!
Old August 18th, 2013, 5:40 PM
CF Beginner

One of the first stickies on the top of this forum references a VIN decoder. I just used it, and it seems to be accuate
Old August 19th, 2013, 5:55 AM
CF Active Member

If you truely are in the market for a 2014 then you have a nice bank account. why not just contact a dealer and tell them what you want. problem solved.
Old August 21st, 2013, 10:58 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Christopher Krumholt
If you truely are in the market for a 2014 then you have a nice bank account. why not just contact a dealer and tell them what you want. problem solved.
I am considering ordering the truck; however it's so much faster if I could find the truck already in California configured the way I want. It appears that the inventory of fully loaded 2014s are still rather sparse. They show that they have the truck, .....But when I call they say it is due to arrive any day. Week later, same story.