Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Wireing Diagram

Search this Thread

Old August 13th, 2009, 3:57 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wireing Diagram

Well I just moved over from the dark side (Fxxd) and bought a decent used 95 chevy silverado. It has a couple of issues mainly electrical. As I have been reading it seems to be a common thing. However I will ask if someone has an accurate wiring diagram as the repair manual wiring diagrams doe not appear to match the truck. What I'm looking for is the path to the grounds (White wire) behind the dash, as it would appear it has either rubbed through and grounded its self. My interior lights will not turn of and apparently my park/marker lights have stopped working two days ago, I also have discovered that if I have the hazard lights on and press the brake pedal the hazard lights stop flashing. The only thing that is wired on extra that I question is someone has installed a lund moon visor and the lights are wired directly to a grey fuse box of sorts in the drivers side foot well. The wire has a clip on it that plugs directly to a terminal labeled grey, the other wire grounds to the e-brake bracket. Anyone got any ideas as to a magic hidden rub/chafe area that is not easily spotted, as I have checked most of the obvious ares? By the way it is a 1995 chevy k1500 silverado trim line anniversary edition.

Thanks for looking and any input.
Yup somebody ordered and installed the wood panelling.
Old August 13th, 2009, 7:06 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its normal for the hazards to stop when you push on the brake pedal, but thats all the help i got