Site Feedback THIS SECTION IS FOR SITE RELATED ISSUES ONLY!! NO TECHNICAL QUESTIONS OR ANYTHING RELATED TO FIXING AN AUTOMOBILE

1986 Suburban Steering ISSUES

Search this Thread

Old October 2nd, 2021, 3:05 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1986 Suburban Steering ISSUES

I have a 1986 C-20 Suburban and am having issues with the power steering. It was intermittent with the power steering, so I replaced the steering gear box. After the swap I bled the box until there where no bubbles and the level stayed full in the pump. Now when the wheels are off the ground it steers from bumper to bumper perfectly, exept a small giccup when going from right to left. But when the wheels are on the ground there is ZERO assistance with the steering and it only has armstrong steering. there are zero leaks or noises coming from pump or steering box. I am wondering if it is a mechanical issue. I did replace the pitman arm due to not being able to remove the 34 year old original one. Is there a way to test the pump without removing it? I do not have legs so getting to the pump is going to be a BIG issue for me...LOL! Any suggestions that can lead to a diagnosis are greatly appreiated!