Site Feedback THIS SECTION IS FOR SITE RELATED ISSUES ONLY!! NO TECHNICAL QUESTIONS OR ANYTHING RELATED TO FIXING AN AUTOMOBILE

5.3 vortex rough idle

Search this Thread

Old February 2nd, 2016, 11:53 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5.3 vortex rough idle

Any help please.
I have a 2003 suburban 1500 with the 5.3. The check engine light came on and I had autozone check the codes. They came back with misfire and lean bank 1. They suggested a new fuel pressure sensor. Others suggested different. I put new plugs and wires. Cleaned throttle body. Cleaned mass air flow sensor. Tested the pressure regulator and it was fine. The fuel pressure tested low. 50psi when key turned on and 40psi when running idle. I then put in new fuel filter and new fuel pump. It had been idling at about 500 rpm but when I put the new pump in it went up to about 800-900. Idled great for about 20 min and now I am at the same problem. I also changed the pcv valve. The only other things I have heard to do is have the injectors cleaned but they say the dealership should have to do that. Any suggestions?
Old February 2nd, 2016, 4:47 PM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would start by getting ahold of a scanner and checking which cylinder is missing and what the fuel trims are otherwise its just a guessing game