Site Feedback THIS SECTION IS FOR SITE RELATED ISSUES ONLY!! NO TECHNICAL QUESTIONS OR ANYTHING RELATED TO FIXING AN AUTOMOBILE

96 Chevy Suburban 2WD won't go past 30mph

Search this Thread

Old May 31st, 2017 | 8:08 AM
CF Beginner

Default 96 Chevy Suburban 2WD won't go past 30mph

Ok so I brought this truck about a year ago for a good price, I knew I would have some problems out of. It wouldn't go past 30 unless you put it in 2nd drive, but that would run the rpms up & felt like it was putting pressure on the engine. The guy told me the torque converter was bad, but by the time I had time to get it changed the engines rocker arms when bad. I found a deal on a engine & transmission so I went ahead & got them bothed switched out cuz for one the previous owner had the wrong transmission in. Afterwards it drove fine for about a week then went back doing the same old thing, not going past 30 unless it was in 2nd drive. I cut the converters off, changed the oxygen sensors (all but one), deleted the egr, changed the tps and the connector to it, & I cleaned the throttle body. The IAC is covered in carbon, I tried to wipe some of it all, I want to use sensor cleaner but I don't think that's the problem. There is no check engine light but I did check it & the only things that came up was the EGR needing to be cleaned or changed & the oxygen sensor I haven't changed yet. I don't know what the problem could be anymore, it's not as bad as it use to be. The rpms still run high but it doesn't feel like it's putting a lot of pressure on the engine anymore.