Site Feedback THIS SECTION IS FOR SITE RELATED ISSUES ONLY!! NO TECHNICAL QUESTIONS OR ANYTHING RELATED TO FIXING AN AUTOMOBILE

Well got to comment Thread got moved?

Search this Thread

Old April 18th, 2010, 7:03 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well got to comment Thread got moved?

I posted a thread and it got moved?.In my mind that thread is how to improve the forum?

Last edited by therewolf; April 23rd, 2010 at 9:27 PM. Reason: inflammatory and trolling
Old April 18th, 2010, 7:26 AM
Super Moderator
Ride of the Month
May 2009

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Terry,
Your post was moved to a Thread Holding area by one of the moderators. It may or may not be placed back for public view at the determination of the admin.
I personally did not find it constructive IMO. I was not the one that moved your post but I may have done so if I was the one to come across it.
I think that it is unfair of you to expect that all of the staff would be professional mechanics, all of the moderators offer as much help as they can with the knowledge that they posses.
Some of your other cocerns may be valid, but it is not constructive to say that this is the worst of 7 forums that you belong to.
You are welcome to reply to this and as long as you keep it civil and constructive, it will remain up for public view.
Old April 18th, 2010, 9:35 AM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

i read this thread, and had posted a comment not really pleasant, so i deleted my comment. i agree george, i did not find the thread constructive in any way. i personally have found more knowledge here than anywhere else. and from all members, not just staff. shouldn't matter if staff are experts or not, as long as members are happy. that's what forums are for. my thanks to you and everyone here for helpin me outta many jams, and to terry, hopefully your view changes for the better.
Old April 18th, 2010, 5:15 PM
CF Monarch

Received 27 Likes on 9 Posts

Looked like you were taking a stab at the staff for no reason to be honest. That's why it was removed from the open forum. You need to bring your concerns forward in a more mature manner if you would like to make a difference with your "criticism". No one did anything to offend you and you acted as if you were offended by something. That unwarranted misbehavior isn't tolerated.

However, I am humble enough to admit you are mostly right about me. When compared to some other guys on this forum, I'm a rookie mechanic. I don't mind saying it.
I know quite a bit about the cars I own and based on my experience with my vehicles, I can help with most things. I know some rudimentary things about other cars in general and I help on the subjects I can help with.

My specialization lies in computers and internet, that's why I am Admin. I work to keep this place family friendly and free of spam, flamers, and trolls.

I wouldn't begin to think that you would trash this forum if you had seen what it was like before this staff stepped up to the plate. I am very proud of the job my staff is doing. Especially since they are volunteers.
Old April 18th, 2010, 5:18 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

i think you and the rest of the staff are doin awesome. not everyone can be happy with everything tho. i say keep up the good work, and thanks again!!!!!
Old April 19th, 2010, 9:43 AM
CF Monarch

Received 27 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks man!
Old April 19th, 2010, 6:09 PM
Senior Site Administrator

I've always found it a bit ridiculous that not only are we expected to police the forums but are also required to post in every thread with shear 100% mechanical accuracy.

Listen, we volunteer our time to IB for their sites. I'm not a professional mechanic. Theres some things I know, alot that I dont. The things I cant help with, I simply move along and hope that someone else can help that person.

It could be alot more damaging if the opposite were true and alot of bad information is posted, right?

As far as load times, ads, etc..its all out of our hands.

You can Contact Robb M at Internet Brands and address that.

Or anyone with an "IB"screen name.
Old April 20th, 2010, 3:24 PM
Super Moderator

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Hi Terry Neff.

Welcome to the Chevy Forums.

This isn't my first time as a moderator. I accepted the position here specifically because it's the BEST Chevy site I've ever found, and, IMO, Admin. has done an awesome job setting up the topic fields and site layout. I must observe that a post half as offensive as that last one would have resulted in getting your IP permanently banned at most internet forum sites. So all things considered, the minimal moderation given towards it here at CF is not only a demonstration of reasonable moderation by the member staff, but a deep source of personal pride for myself as well.

I appreciate your concerns, OP, but how they were voiced seems a little unfair considering the circumstances.

It's easy to say "this is bad" or "that isn't proper" and just scoot to the next site. It's far harder to dedicate your spare time to taking something which isn't perfect and attempting to improve it. The real challenge is to stand up, saddle the ox, and plow the rocks out of the field. Most of us here do this work voluntarily because we want to repay what CF has given us, in the sure certainty that it will also help us greatly in the future.

CF may never be "perfect". But the info I've gotten from CF has saved me and many grateful Chevy owners a potload of money and aggravation over the years.

Perhaps a PM to a Mod or Admin person with your concerns in the future would be in order. Unlike many Fora, we also are all available for appeals or comments.
Old April 21st, 2010, 3:31 AM
Super Moderator
Ride of the Month
May 2009

Well said therewolf.
Old April 23rd, 2010, 4:53 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I was surfing the site just now it took two reloads to get it to up load this thread.

When I first wrote the thread,as a newbie,I saw questions being answered in sections by staff members where the threads where not in the right sections.

Heck,I was just being honest.It wasn't to strike a nerve with anyone.

Last edited by therewolf; April 23rd, 2010 at 9:29 PM. Reason: reiteration of inflammatory original thread

Quick Reply: Well got to comment Thread got moved?