Sonic (Aveo) The subcompact known globally as the Aveo since 2002 is now the SONIC in North America as of the 2012 model

Chevrolet Sonic
GM Platform: T200, T250, T300

2006 Aveo Ignition and starting issues

Search this Thread

Old December 25th, 2015 | 10:35 AM
CF Beginner

Default 2006 Aveo Ignition and starting issues

Hello and Merry Christmas everyone. I hope all is well. My mom has an 06 aveo that has a starting issue. She left the lights on by mistake or either the DRL stayed on and drained the battery. But since recharging the battery, the car will not crank at all. No clicking from the starter or anything. Also, I've noticed that the dash lights (battery, seatbelt and airbag lights) on the center console(where the clock is) stay illuminated as soon as the battery cables were connected, as if the key was already on. Also the signal lights work without the key being in at all, however the radio doesn't work unless the key is turned to the on position. I am wondering if there could be some issue with the ignition switch itself. I assume there is a connector to it that I can disconnect and see if the lights go out on the dash. I'm not thinking it's related, but this occurred a couple days after she had the DRL recall performed. Has anyone ever had a similar issue? I couldn't seem to find one in the forums but perhaps I overlooked. If anyone could help, it would be really appreciated.
Old December 25th, 2015 | 2:44 PM
CF Beginner

Hello. As an update, I disconnected the ignition switch and I still had the same issue of the dash light coming on as well as the signal light being able to operate.