Sonic (Aveo) The subcompact known globally as the Aveo since 2002 is now the SONIC in North America as of the 2012 model

Chevrolet Sonic
GM Platform: T200, T250, T300

2014 Sonic vibration over 60 / Not felt in steering wheel

Search this Thread

Old July 31st, 2019, 7:36 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2014 Sonic vibration over 60 / Not felt in steering wheel

I have a 2014 Sonic sedan, 1.8L manual with 126,000(ish) miles. Recently I hit a truck tire on the highway, and ever since I have a loud vibration any time the car goes over 60-65 mph. This vibration is NOT felt in the steering wheel at all. The vibration just gets worse the faster I go. Prior to this, the car was smooth and quiet at any speed. There is no sign of the vibration or the sound at any speed below 60. Car idles smooth, and is well maintained. Alignment is good, it was checked after the tire was hit. Tires are only 6 months old, and the warranty place said they couldn't see anything wrong with them. Brakes were just redone, and car brakes smoothly. Rotating the tires had no effect on the vibration. Car doesn't pull to either side.Transmission shifts smooth. I'm just wondering what I need to look at, since most of the usual suspects have been looked at and eliminated. There was some minimal damage to the plastics under the car and to the bumper ( a few of the clips holding things together got damaged or lost), but overall it is still intact and in place. Thoughts?