Sonic (Aveo) The subcompact known globally as the Aveo since 2002 is now the SONIC in North America as of the 2012 model

Chevrolet Sonic
GM Platform: T200, T250, T300

Left Turn Signal

Search this Thread

Old February 12th, 2008, 11:19 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Left Turn Signal

Hello,

I own a 2006 Aveo 5 door and have had a problem with the left turn signal since the car was new. Most times when coming out of a left turn the signal does not cancel and I have to cancel it manually. This never happens with the right signal.

I have had it back to the dealer six separate times and usually they say they cannot reproduce the condition and just lubricate and adjust. It seems to work better for a day or so afterward but then it's right back to its old tricks. Finally, I went along with the mechanic and showed him the problem and this time they replaced the turn signal switch (so they say). As soon as I picked up the car it began to happen again. The next time we took it back the dealership said this was a characteristic of all Aveos and therefore we'd just have to live with it.

Can anyone tell me if they have experienced any similar issue? Also, any suggestions on whether to go to a different dealer or perhaps contact Chevrolet directly for some action?

Thanks.
Old February 12th, 2008, 7:43 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: Left Turn Signal

That is not a normal characteristic of any car, turn signals should cancel right or left.

You may go to any dealer that you want to. And when you bring it in to the other dealer, let them know whats been done, tell them to fix it right, and don't take no for an answer.