Sonic (Aveo) The subcompact known globally as the Aveo since 2002 is now the SONIC in North America as of the 2012 model

Chevrolet Sonic
GM Platform: T200, T250, T300

Newb Needs Some Help

Search this Thread

Old February 2nd, 2009, 8:40 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Newb Needs Some Help

Hey guys. I got in an accident last week and unfortunately the Explorer practically tore the entire rear bumper off from my car in the collision. I know you always hear not to trust a service department cause they rip you off? Is this true?

I was thinking of taking my Aveo back to the dealership I got it from. My father in law (hes staying with us) insists it depends on what dealer I take it to. SO, with that being said, does anyone know if Quality Chevrolet is any good? (esp. in the service, parts department) Or can you recommend me any other good Chevy dealer with a Service Department in San Diego? I'm going to need the whole rear bumper repaired and replaced.
My buddy's been telling me good things about Winter Chevy up north, but there's no way I'm driving there-especially in this condition!

Lookin forward to your responses. Thanks so much you guys!
Old February 8th, 2009, 8:53 PM
CF Beginner

Exclamation Help

can anyone help me with this?? I really need to figure out if Quality Chevy is a reputable place. does anyone know?

thank you!
Old February 13th, 2009, 10:30 AM
CF Beginner

Dealerships generally charge the most but will use original parts. If the other guy's insurance is paying for it, go to the dealer. If it is up to you to pay for it, look at going to another auto body shop. If it's just bolting on a new bumper, buy it yourself and put it on. If you want a review for a local repair place, join Angie's List and check out local reviews. Most people here are not going to know one dealership in one town.
Old February 25th, 2009, 12:19 PM
CF Beginner

Cool. Thanks for the help. The woman driver is paying for it, or her insurance is I should say, so I think im going to play it safe and just go with Quality Chevy. I heard Thayer Chevy has good service too. Does anyone know about this?